sorry this is a few days late OTL family trip and stuffwelcome, everyone... to year 2 of himitsu-valentine!!
this is a secret-santa-like event for anime artists. but it's not on Christmas, it's on valentine's day. so everyone has a "secret admirer" instead of a "secret santa."
everyone makes a wishlist of what they want their secret admirer to draw, and then, on a certain date, i randomly mix up all the wishlists and assign one to each person. then you have to draw your assignment- without telling your recipient that you are the one who is drawing for them! on valentine's day, each person will post their art and submit it to this group and also tell their recipient about it.
post your wishlist in a journal. then comment here with a link to that journal, and i will add you to the participants list. last day to sign up: dec 25th. 11:59 PM EST. assignments will be given out within the next 3 days.
this event is open to all anime artists!! <3333 this isn't one of those groups that only let in skilled and popular people -__-UUU in fact, that's why i created this event, to counter those groups. i thought it was unfair that those groups excluded lots of people who would love a chance to participate. ;___;
be careful to read the rules. YOU are responsible for knowing what the rules are. if i see that you haven't followed a rule, it's your fault, not mine. so don't blame me for it!
1. what you can't ask for in your wishlist:
-mature content stuff. not that no pics can be "sexy" at all, but limit it. don't make it so explicit that it's not suitable for people under 18.
-art with a political or religious theme
-don't ask for more than TWO characters in one pic. three characters or more is time-consuming to draw and a lot to ask for so i have limited it to two characters. it can be just one character too, of course.
2. what you can ask for in your wishlist:
-even though it's on valentine's day, the picture actually doesn't have to be about love. it doesn't have to be a couple. it can be one person. also, it can be your own oc, or a character from an anime, either is fine!
-you can be specific if you want with the pose, clothing, facial expression, background, whatever.
-you can give your secret admirer options. it doesn't have to only be one thing. having a few options makes it a surprise, because you don't know what option the admirer will choose. but giving your admirer options is... an option! XD you don't have to do it.
3. art can be traditional, digital, or a mixture of both. but sorry, this is not for writing or crafts. (adding those categories would make this event more complicated!)
4. put effort into your work! don't just scribble something quickly at the last minute. take time to plan, and work carefully in order to avoid mistakes.
5. some people have things they don't like to draw, and they never draw it. i don't want to force someone to draw something they really don't want, so that's why there's this rule: if someone asks for something in their wishlist and you are assigned to them and you don't want what they asked for, you can slightly change things to avoid what you don't want to draw. but i said "slightly." so you can't do something completely different from what's on the wishlist. you can just ask me about this, if this happens to you. we can work something out with your recipient. (i'll contact them for you and i won't reveal your username, of course)
6. on valentine's day, leave your admirer a nice comment on their work! even if you think the skill level isn't good, don't critique. just be positive. and if for some reason you forget to comment or something, make sure to do it eventually. (there have been times when i responded late to things done for me ;___; yeah i'm forgetful and a procrastinator...)
7. if you are going to be late turning in your gift, let me know asap. but i am going to repeatedly send you notes until you turn it in, so you'll have to explain to me what's going on. also, if you have to quit this event, that's okay because i will try to get some volunteers at the end to do some gifts. but volunteers should try to do their work quickly as well (i didn't even do that when i volunteered last year OTL, i became too busy) the thing is though... you just have to be careful before you sign up to volunteer, or even do this whole event at all. if you think you're not going to be able to do it, don't sign up.
8. i think it's better to turn in a good quality gift late than a bad quality gift on time, so it's okay to be late. but i will put your name on a public list of people who haven't turned in gifts! so everyone can see your name there. try to be on time! (not that i can teach you how to be on time...)
9. the art style for this event is anime/manga. if your style looks kinda like anime/manga, it's fine. if your style looks very different from anime/manga, sorry but this event is not for you!
10. if you have any questions, feel free to ask! there may be something i haven't thought of yet. but sometimes i may reply quickly, sometimes i may take a few days. it depends on how busy i am. so just because i don't reply quickly doesn't mean i'm ignoring you.
that's it for the rules, but sadly, i have one more thing to say: i may not do this next year
last year, i was pretty confident i would do it this year. but this year, i'm not so sure about next year! but if someone else wants to take over this group, i'll let them
okay now... time for wishlists!!!